Friday, March 28, 2014

Moving A Family

Hey everybody,

Things have been pretty crazy here in the land of Kingman and Pratt! Last weekend we received a referral from our office saying that some investigators need some help moving from Wichita to Pratt. So on Saturday we helped the man and wife move a large U-haul truck into a small storage unit. (Grandma Taylor would even be in shock! Love ya Grandma!) So after we moved everything they took us out for breakfast. So they took us to a restaurant that was on my "Do Not Eat There" list. It was good food for sure, but when I got home I was dead sick. I laid on the floor with no energy and felt like I was going to get even sicker. So we didn't do anything for the rest of the day. 

But on a brighter note, we went to a members home earlier this week and she fixed us some salmon. After dinner was over it was my turn to give the dinner message. I read from the Book of Mormon Alma 7:11-13:
11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.

And after I read that I told of a message my Dad had sent me earlier about how he is having issues with his kidneys. And that I told my Dad that if he were to devote his life 100% the Lord would help him. So he received a blessing from my Grandpa Dickson. (I wont say here what it said). So I got on my email a couple days ago and my dad said that he had been going through different tests to see if he had cancer. Well 10 minutes previous to me emailing him he got a call saying that he was clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

To conclude this message I know that if we put the Lord first in everything the Lord will show miracles unto us all. Prayers to you all!!

Love Elder Dickson

P.S. Check out the new hair style:



No comments:

Post a Comment